Groovy++ v0.2 Available
Ran posted in Groovy++ on April 10th, 2010
Groovy++ is an exciting project we sponsor. The project leader is our Alex Tkachman.
So what is Groovy++?
Groovy++ is statically typed extension of the Groovy programming language.
Groovy++ provides high performance to compiled code and to compile type checks.
Additionally to all goodies of standard Groovy it adds a lot of functionality:
* compile time checking of code
* as fast as Java performance of compiled code
* easy mixing of statically and dynamically typed code
* very powerful type inference
* tail recursion
* traits (interfaces with default implementation)
* extension methods (compile time categories)
* standard library of utilities for functional programming, concurrency and distributed computing (early prototype stage)
We are always happy to answer questions in the Groovy++ Discussion Group.
So you are always welcome there both to learn more and share your experience with us.
At the end of the day we develop Groovy++ not only for ourselves but for you, our users.